travel requirements for south africa cruises
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
BEFORE YOUR CRUISEIt’s every guest’s responsibility to verify the travel requirements before the cruise departure. MSC Cruises has worked with the authorities in all of the regions and countries in which the ships operate to ensure its protocol meets and exceed the required health and safety measures. The below details are subject to change.
COVID 19: MEASURES TO EMBARK
- All Guests (2 years old and over) need to provide a certificate of a negative RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours before embarkation
- All Guests (12 years old and over) have to be fully vaccinated (i.e full set of vaccine shots received more than 14 days before the start of the cruise, with an approved Covid-19 vaccine: Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson)
The original test and vaccination certificate must be presented at the terminal (paper or electronic format) and must be in one of the following languages: English, Italian, German, French or Spanish. The COVID 19 test certificate must contain: guest’s personal data (verifiable with the other travel documents), date of the test, identification / contact details of the centre that performed the analysis, technique used and negative test result.
OTHER TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Starting from October 1st 2021, MSC Cruises will only welcome Guests who are residents in the 26 European ‘Schengen’ countries (Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland) and Bulgaria, Romania, Cyprus, Croatia , USA, UK, Ireland and Israel. Certain restrictions will apply depending on the destinations. For more information, it is recommended to check your country’s competent authorities official channels.
To ensure peace of mind, MSC Cruises requires all guests to have a specific and mandatory Covid-19 insurance policy to embark, covering against COVID-19 related risks, i.e cancellation, interruption, repatriation expenses, quarantine, medical assistance and related expenses, as well as hospitalization. Before finalizing a reservation, it is possible to add to the cruise the MSC COVID-19 Protection plan for Winter 21/22 cruises on this website. A proof of the specific COVID-19 coverage insurance policy - which must be in one of the following languages English, Italian, German, French or Spanish - must be presented at embarkation or boarding will be denied.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
HEALTH SCREENINGS & EMBARKATION CHECKLIST
For a seamless embarkation process, please make sure to review our Health & safety measures in place in our terminals and to bring:
- A printed copy of your embarkation form (available in your cruise ticket)
- A printed copy of your mandatory health questionnaire duly completed and signed within 6 hours prior to the embarkation (available in your cruise ticket)
- The original COVID 19 test and vaccination certificate (paper or electronic format)
- A proof of COVID-19 insurance clearly showing the COVID-19 risks coverage
- A valid identity document
- Symptoms i.e fever (>37,5 C C / 99.5 F), cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle/body aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat and loss of taste/smell in the 14 days prior to embarkation
- Potential exposure to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID 19 in the 14 days prior to embarkation
- Temporary travel restrictions based on local circumstances. For example, certain countries may deny visas or prohibit entry based on travel history or nationality.
- Failure to provide the proof of the mandatory COVID-19 insurance policy (which must be in one fo the following languages: English, Italian, German, French or Spanish)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GOING
ASHORE & TRAVELLING BACK HOME
GOING ASHORE & TRAVELLING BACK HOME
Discover in protected excursions: To go ashore during the cruise, MSC Cruises highly recommends to participate in one of or MSC Shore Excursions to ensure the same high standards of health and safety ashore as on board. Not all destinations allow independent disembarkation and it may depend on the traveller’s vaccination status. More information in the FAQ section.
To support Guests in complying with international mobility requirements, MSC Cruises has organized the possibility for its guests to purchase and perform a molecular test (i.e RT-PCR) or an antigen test during their cruise. More information in the FAQ section.